Things You’ll Learn Along Today’s Journey
When you think about what you need to accomplish to be ready for retirement, what comes to mind? Saving enough money is usually first. How about making sure your healthcare is covered or figuring out how much income you need?
All of those are great answers, but the one that many people are overlooking is how do you plan to spend all that free time? It’s one of the biggest challenges retirees face but doesn’t get talked about nearly enough.
In this episode, Marc and Sean will discuss a recent CNBC article about a man who ‘un-retired’ at 67 because he was bored and restless. What are the biggest issues people face when they don’t have a plan for retirement? We’ll tell you what we’ve seen and talk about what you can do to avoid that feeling.
Here’s a little of what we discuss in this episode:
- The issues people usually have with trying to have things to do in retirement. [1:38]
- The regret category where people miss what they were doing. [3:12]
- Being active is important for mental health. [4:50]
- Feeling like you’ve lost your identity. [6:45]
- Using a Venn Diagram to help you organize what’s most important. [7:59]