Things You’ll Learn Along Today’s Journey
After saving and waiting for so many years, no one wants to make a big mistake that could ruin retirement. Making certain assumptions about what retirement will be like may lead to disappointment. On today’s show, we dive into the realities of retirement and some easy ways you could ruin it, drawing on Sean’s insightful conversations with clients as they navigate this new chapter in their lives.
Instead of thinking retirement will solve all your problems or will be one big vacation, make a plan and adjust your expectations accordingly. Look for ways to enjoy this life stage while also making sure it is financially realistic.
Here are the quotes we discuss on today’s show:
- Treating retirement as a destination instead of the journey. [2:14]
- Believing that retirement will solve everything. [4:20]
- Assuming your monthly spending habits will be the same. [6:01]
- Investing like you’re 35 years old when you’re 65. [8:59]
- Stop being active. [11:55]