Things You’ll Learn Along Today’s Journey
What are the milestone moments you face in retirement as you age? Today, we talk about some of the ages to keep in mind and why they are important as you reach each one. Whether you are a few years off or if you are right in the middle of these, thinking through what you should be doing with the money can make a huge impact in your financial life.
You want to continue to think about the you today as well as “future you.” Every age is important, so think about what you’re doing now for the time of life you’re in now as well as what’s to come. Sean often hears, “I wish I had done this sooner!” So, don’t delay! Go meet with somebody who can help you ask the big questions and put your plan in order.
Here’s some of what we discuss in this episode:
- The unofficial kickoff of retirement is age 50.
- Age 55 is when you need to think about your 401(k) options.
- When you turn 59 and a half, you have access to your funds.
- Under current law, age 62 allows you to withdraw from Social Security.
- At 73 (currently) you have to start taking money out of your retirement accounts.
- What’s the most important age?